Friday, October 26, 2007

Kristeen Young dismissed from Morrissey tour

Let this be a lesson to everyone . . .

When Morrissey is on tour, make sure you check www.morrissey-solo.com EVERYDAY!

Kristeen Young
, who has been opening for Morrissey for most of the shows supporting Ringleader of the Tormentors, has confirmed on morrissey-solo that she has been asked to leave the Morrissey tour.

During Tuesday's show in New York, Ms. Young made a statement (or series of statements) insinuating that she and Morrissey had engaged in sexually explicit acts. While it is assumed that she made these comments in a joking manner, with his family members reportedly in attendance, Morrissey was, as it turns out, not amused.

Here is her entire email statement as posted on morrissey-solo.com:

My band, KRISTEENYOUNG, have been asked to leave the Morrissey tour. Although I have been advised not to respond or issue a statement, my feelings are that I must. We have been asked to leave because of something I said on stage at The Hammerstein Ballroom, in New York City, this past Tuesday night. Unfortunately, the statement has been perceived as being profane (when, actually, one of the two words in question is a scientific term found in junior high, health class text books, and the other word, I feel most would agree, is lightweight slang) or defamatory. What I said was part of a thread of stage statements I made throughout our set. They were metaphorical and overstated to make an artistic point. The “offending” statement, in particular, was in no way a literal statement, and was very much in keeping with the tone of my writing in general. I reach for beauty and intelligence in my lyrics, but try to retain a bit of the everyday in them. Maybe the statement was a bit TOO everyday. Maybe I misjudged… but I meant no harm. I love Morrissey with all of my heart, soul, body, spirit, to the core of my existence and always will. These will be the only words I will ever write or speak on the subject ever again. Please don’t ask for an interview or e-mail me with questions.

-Kristeen
Friday, October 26, 2007=


For more information on what she said, you can go here. (Rated R for content)

Girl in a Coma will be opening the remainder of the tour dates.

For the record, we at TheBGLC actually enjoyed Kristeen Young's performance at the Morrissey show attended earlier this month. We found her to be less like the Dresden Dolls (as they were described to use before the show) and more like Kate Bush with a little more attitude—and an affinity for the "language of sailors" . . . apparently.

Hopefully her departure does not mark the end of her relationship with Morrissey's producer Tony Visconti.

More importantly, hopefully her departure does not mark the end of Morrissey's relationship with Tony Visconti.

2 comments:

אליש said...

Funny.
But no matter what- I love Morrissey.
A song of his was in the top 10 scariest songs!
check out which one!

eddielxix said...

Although it is trendy to be racy, it is nice to see that there is still someone who is willing to treat silly prurient slander as the important breach of etiquette that it is.

People shouldn't talk about such things in public. I know this is like saying that girls shouldn't ask boys on dates, but... well, they shouldn't come to think of it.

I guess I just wasn't made for these times.